Sunday, August 23, 2009

In Addition to the Bags

This weekend was very productive and fun. My husband went out of town, so my friend Amber came to stay and craft with me. I talked her into making two buttercup bags for her little nieces. They are two and four years old. In addition to the little bags I created fabric flowers from the lining fabric...the look was so cute I had to make a flower for the bigger buttercup bag I created last week.
I have tried making all sorts of fabric flowers. I love the Japanese Kanzashi flowers but have a very difficult time getting them to work out. Instead I tried a different approach. I researched fabric flower on the Internet looking for a tutorial that would produce the cutest little flower. I found it on pinkpaperpeppermints blog.http://http://www.kindawonderful.typepad.com/These flowers are so much easier than the Kanzashi flowers and they turn out perfect every time, which is more than can be said for the uncooperative Japanese version.
I would like to thank the pink paper peppermints blog and the madebyrae blog for the great tutorial and the free bag pattern. Thanks ladies!







Pin It

2 comments:

georgiaann said...

Beautiful !

Unknown said...

Kim,
How cool! I wish I were that talented. :)